Lyutika – an easy side dish or dipping sauce
- Roast the peppers and peel off the skin.
- Boil the potatoes.
- Chop the onion in small pieces – add a pinch of salt and pound with a pestle until it is in the form of coarsely ground puree.
- Add the roasted peppers and continue mixing and pounding.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Finally add the potatoes and continue pounding wile mixing with the onion.
- Use quantities as required and experiment with increasing or decreasing the relative part of a particular ingredient.
- Add a roasted chilly pepper if you like it spicy. If preparing it for a particularly large crowd you can use a rolling pin as a pounder and a large plastic vessel.