You’ll need –
200 gr butter
2 cups of powdered (icing) sugar.
1 cup of ground walnuts
1 cup of flour
½ teaspoon of backing powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla
How to make –
1. Separate the egg whites and beat them to snow with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
2. Mix the butter with 1 cup of icing sugar until the mixture is white preferable with a mixer for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, ground walnuts, egg whites and fold together with a spatula.
4. Pour the mixture in a deep pan (the width at the bottom shouldn’t be more than 20 cm). Bake on high (around 1700 Celsius) for about 40 minutes.
5. Beat the yolks with the rest of the sugar and add the vanilla. Add this topping to the baked base after it has cooled off and back in the oven at 800 – 1000 Celsius for around 10 minutes to solidify (or leave in the fridge overnight for the same effect).